It is important to know some of the rules on how to sell your Calgary property.
Everyone who wants to sell their property dreams about an ideal customer who asks no questions offers the highest price and signs the contract on the first day. However, life is not as simple as one would like it to be. In fact, there are some ground rules every seller should stick to in order to conclude a successful sale.
Know the rules when you plan to sell your Calgary property
To sell your property in Calgary, it is necessary to play by the rules that have been established in the market long ago before you decided to sell your property. Adhering to them will only help you complete your sale successfully with less effort.
One of the most important items of concern when selling your house are the contracts. They need to be properly inspected, checked twice and understood right down to the tiniest detail. This is crucial if you want to sell your house without unnecessary trouble and delays. If so, it is best to hire a real estate agent who will guide you thru all the documents. He/she knows inside/out all the pitfalls and clauses sales contracts may include. Supposing there are some areas of misunderstanding or disputes, you should have a lawyer for further inspection of the documents.
Price your house properly
It goes without saying when you selling your house in Calgary, we all want the highest price the buyers are willing to pay. The majority of sellers want to get the best price the market will bare. However, most do not realize that they usually can't obtain this without a real estate agent assisting them.
- The point is, that in order to complete this goal, one needs to be extra careful with every move he/she makes.
- Extra conscientious research of your market is the first step when selling a house.
- Learning about the competitors’ listings gives you more possibilities to achieve your goal.
- Remember that your house will get the most attention during the first three weeks of being on the market. After this time, it becomes a passive listing and drops significantly.
- If your price is too high it will only divert potential buyers as they even will not even view your property due to the price.
- Do not be subjective. Listen to what the professionals tell you. Take your time to learn as much as you can about similar listings and sales. Now, objectively compare them to your home. However, in the end, it is always best to ask the professionals to assist you in your sale.
Present your house most effectively
If you do want to sell your house in, a great deal of attention needs to be given to its presentation. Start from the outside and then move to the inside. Everything should look perfect and welcoming. Pay particular attention to your "Curb Appeal". This is the first impression buyers get when they drive by. A well-manicured yard, a clean or freshly painted front door etc. are most important. Inside, remove items that personalize your house to your requirements and taste. Organize and/or remove excess furnishings that clutter or make your rooms appear smaller.
Cooperation with real estate agents
The best tip we can give you to sell your property in Calgary is to consult with a real estate agent. In fact, you need to have an experienced agent so do your homework. If you are looking for a seasoned professional in Calgary, please contact Ron Christensen with Royal LePage Solutions who will exceed your expectations.