Imagine this scenario: You have a property to flip. Time is of the essence. You are across town when the phone rings and a potential buyer has some questions. However, because you are not at your computer, you can't access all the information you need. The buyer ends up finding another deal before you can get back to them.
Thanks to Google Drive, this will never have to happen to you.
What Is the Cloud?
The cloud is a space on the Internet that allows you to store things typically found on your computer. However, once in the cloud, all your information can be accessed by all of your devices. Whether you choose to use your desktop, laptop, smartphone, or tablet, you will be able to see, share, and edit all of your investing information including:
Google Drive is a tool that gives you access to the cloud across all your devices.
Google Drive Is a Versatile Cloud Product
Earlier cloud products, such as Dropbox, were king of kings when it came to cloud storage until Google got into the picture. That's because Google Drive gives you more space and allows you the ability to use other Google Tools.
Here are a few different ways investors might use Google Drive:
• Instead of taking photos, transferring them to your computer, and uploading to the MLS, you can simply take the photos on your phone and seamlessly transfer files.
• Take photos or video and send them to potential buyers anywhere in the world regardless of the size of the file. Before Google Drive, sending large files was nearly impossible.
• Save all (or a selection of) gmail attachments into your Google Drive folder, giving you access wherever you happen to be. • Get your investment team collaborating on a presentation at the same time.
• Create a phone number with Google Voice specific to a home or an advertising campaign so that you know why a person is contacting you before you answer the phone.
• Collect buyer information on easy-to-create forms that can be embedded in emails, websites, and blogs.
• Create presentations, fliers, financial spreadsheets, and more.
If there is written communication that you need to be successful, Google Drive has a way to help you create it and share it with those that need it.
Works Well With Third Party Apps
Because Google Drive is here to stay, the service supports hundreds of third-party apps that add extra value. A few that will be beneficial to any real estate investor are:
• CloudConvert: A free file conversion tool with more than 200 different file formats including audio, video, documents, ebooks, archives, images, spreadsheets, and presentations.
• DocHub: Allows you to make changes to PDF files.
• PDF Merg: Provides a simple way to merge PDF files.
• DocuSign: Lets you open documents, add your signature, and save the finished version back to Google Drive.
• Gantter: Similar to Microsoft Project, it is a full-featured web-based project scheduling app great for planning home renovations.
• HelloFax: At a cost of $9.99 a month, you get 300 pages worth of faxes per month and can receive faxes online.
• Ultradox: Generate contracts, invoices, and more from Google Docs templates.
• Google+ Hangouts: A video chat room that allows up to ten people to participate in a conversation together – works great for presentations.
• LucidChart: Online flowcharts, diagrams, sketches, and models.
• Floorplanner: Create and edit floorplans and render floorplans as 3D models.
With Google Drive, not only should you never be stuck without all the information you need, but you should be able to create documents, collect data, and track progress for everything you do related to real estate investing. Take control of your real estate investing business and use Google Drive. It will be one of the smartest decisions you make all day!