Monday, 22 January 2018

DroneView Packages

How to obtain a compensation after a fire and burn injury in California

Written by Posted On Thursday, 25 August 2016 10:04


Fire and burn injuries are not so rare in California, one of the states where many accidents took place because of defective products, electrical appliances, cigarettes, vegetation fire during the hot season etc. These accidents can result in property damages and personal injuries that can lead to death of the victims.

If you were the victim of a fire and burn accident, you should get medical assistance as soon as possible: you can call 911 or one of the witnesses will contact the ambulance for a rapid intervention. After you will receive medical assistance and the documents proving that you were affected by the fire, you can contact a personal injury lawyer and ask for a compensation for your suffering and lost wages in the case you were not able to work for limited period during the time you were hospitalized or under medical supervision.

The guilty person/company will pay for your medical bills

In case of burn injuries, the costs for medical treatment are high and there is a possibility that you can’t afford the medical expenses, so you need to get the guilty person/company pay for them. The treatment includes repeated surgery, skin grafts that are hard to cover by your regular insurance policy.

You may also ask for compensation in case your property was affected by the fire and you have lost important belongings. You will need to prove the negligence of someone, if it is the case, or a company who sold to you a product that was defect and caused a fire.

In order to obtain the proper compensation, you need to contact a good personal injury lawyer who will explain to you the necessary steps you must follow. He/she will take care of all the legal procedures to obtain the compensation, no matter it is the case of a settlement or a lawsuit.

The insurance company may try to lower the amount of the compensation, but an experienced lawyer will know how to obtain the maximum that can be received from such a case.

If you are interested in finding out more information about the procedures in a fire and burn case, you may contact a local personal injury lawyer. 


Rate this item
(1 Vote)
Shammy John

Shammy is an Real Estate Agent and Write an article on Real Estate, Home Insurance, Home Owner.

Realty Times

From buying and selling advice for consumers to money-making tips for Agents, our content, updated daily, has made Realty Times® a must-read, and see, for anyone involved in Real Estate.